Join the Global Sisters team today
Position available in the Social Impact team from September 2021.
Work remotely and flexibly from anywhere in Australia.
Global Sisters : Back Her Brilliance
Who we are
Global Sisters exists to create a world where every woman is provided with the opportunity to create her own economic future.
We make business possible for all women. We work to address practical, structural, and systemic barriers to women’s economic participation and sustainable employment. Our strategic focus is on sole parents and older women, as these groups need flexible, decent work that fits in with their circumstances and empower them socially and economically.
Global Sisters supports women to develop a business idea and turn that into self-employment, and in doing so, creating a better future for herself, her family, and her community. We work collaboratively with partners, the business ecosystem, and the community in locations around Australia to collectively create a groundswell of women-led businesses.
Incredible things happen when you back women.
When women are given the skills, connections, and support they so often miss out on, there is no stopping them.
They break down barriers, force change, and move us all on. They start up and grow businesses, lift up communities, and make the economy a more equal and inclusive place.
Global Sisters. Back her brilliance.
Over the next 5 years, we will have a national presence through face-to-face Hubs and our online programs, supporting up to 43,000 women across Australia.
In addition to our direct impact work, we will advocate for women’s economic security including changes to Australia’s’Employment Support Services’ to provide structured and effective supports for women to seek self-employment as an alternative to mainstream employment.
The Global Sisters Marketplace provides a transformational solution for women-owned micro and small businesses in Australia who need it most. It removes the barriers to women becoming financially independent by offering an instant e-commerce facility coupled with sales and marketing exposure they otherwise might not have access to. The initial launch is in Australia, to be followed by New Zealand then scaled further internationally.
What is the Social Impact Lead?
The Social Impact Lead role is an exciting 12-month project role that will be responsible for realigning the systems and processes used by Global Sisters to measure social impact in readiness for macro impact and social impact bonds.
The focus of this role is to:
- Improve the quality and effectiveness of Global Sisters social impact framework and data collection systems and processes
- Design, implement and test a macro impact framework, system, and tools
- Prepare Global Sisters in readiness for using social investment bonds
- Prepare and report Global Sisters social impact data and align insights with the Global Sisters marketing activities.
Who would suit this role
- You have exceptional research and analysis skills including qualitative interviewing skills
- You have proven expertise in social impact design, implementation, and communication including program evaluation, report writing, and presenting analytical and statistical information in an engaging way to a range of audiences
- You are collaborative, approachable and a problem-solver, you can relate to people of all backgrounds and are happy to do the small tasks in order to achieve the big picture
- It would be great to have experience working in a start-up, or small business environment where you need to use creativity to get results. You are comfortable working both autonomously and remotely but will still be a strongly connected member of the team.
- You are a results-focused individual, who likes to understand their place in the strategy and how they can execute against it to achieve in their role
- You are self-aware, high in integrity, a keen learner, like to make a difference, and are happy to play with new technology
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and pay strong attention to detail
- This role will suit someone who wants to work part-time approximately 3-4 days per week.
How does this role fit into Global Sisters?
Global Sisters is a small non-profit organisation with big impact. We have a small team that all work remotely- most of our team are part-time, and they all work hard to make sure our Sisters (business women) are achieving their business goals.
This role will require a high level of autonomy, but will connect to the broader organisation through collaboration with the programs team, leadership team, and marketing function.
What does Global Sisters offer?
As well as having the opportunity to really impact women’s economic security, this role is a unique opportunity to be at the cutting edge of social impact in Australia. Global Sisters was selected as one of two organisations nationally showcase their social impact model as they scaled to the sector. Read more on our impact platform.
Global Sisters offers a truly flexible and remote working environment, 5 weeks paid holiday, salary sacrifice options, and employee discounts.
Expressions of Interest
Send your LinkedIn profile or CV, and a short (3 min max), informal smartphone video clip or 1000 word maximum statement on:
- Why you want to join Global Sisters as the Social Impact Lead
- How you see yourself delivering in the role
- Some background on you and your experience to date and how that might add value to Global Sisters
Meet us virtually and have a chat! (by invitation only).
Applications close August 27th 2021.